CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

60/365 Good Times and Good Timing

This afternoon we had the last visit with my "snowbird" in-laws. They have been in Florida since the first week of January, staying in their part-time condo. Our visits are full of laughs, political debates, good food and games. Their timing couldn't have been better. These past 2 months they have been an emotional safety net during some very difficult times. How wonderful it is to have parents willing to listen and support us, and share their wisdom. They love our daughter unconditionally and want nothing but the best for us. Really, how can I stick with the "why me mentality?" By the measure of family and friends, I am the richest woman alive.

2 comments:

BJNR said...

This is at the bottom of my e-mail signature:
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." ~~ Eric Hoffer (1902-1983) American social writer and philosopher.
Glad you have mastered the math!! Love you guys!

MJ said...

I have my own wealth in my support system--which includes friends like you. I know how important it is to have family that love you and will do anything they can to support you. I'm glad you have this, too.