CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 13, 2007

D2 and the Perky Chef

Geez, one cannot even swing the proverbial dead cat around New England without smacking into a Dunkin' Donuts. They're in every gas station and on every corner. Preparing for the drive tonight, I knew I needed coffee. How I longed for the Green Goddess. In her absence I agreed to a trip to Dunkies. The warm, brown-tinted water they sell has very little to do with coffee.


It's not just the service stations and the intersections that feature the Double D's. There are only 2 types of commercials on tv up here. Cheesey political advertisements and Dunkster ads. Am I the only one who finds it disturbing that Rachel Ray is a spokesperson for D2? A chef and food connoisseur, a woman who makes her living cooking and recommending good eats, is running to the bank for hawking crappy coffee and sugary fried amorphous blobs of bread product.

4 comments:

LJ said...

Ms. Ray is at fifteen minutes and thirty seconds and she knows it. If she doesn't cash in now she won't be able to later.

Cora Spondence said...

Hey now, the Double D has a fine product, their buttermilk donuts are divine and they spread a mean schmear on a bagel. Rachel is just taking care of business and if they paid me what they're paying her I'd be spanking the donuts and anything else, she said from her lonely room in freakin' EL Paso. I understand the ho mindset.

MJ said...

She never was a chef though so I agree with these folks. She has to cash in now because most people are pretty sick of her YUM-O shtick.

LJ said...

It does suck if you're used to Starbucks and have to settle for Dunkin' Donuts coffee.

A long time ago, before LMJ, I used to get pastry at Panera and then dip over to the 'Bucks for toffee nut lattes. I rmember free time.